Suchen & Buchen
When encountering a flock of ‘Heidschnucken’, please consider the following:
• Keep to the marked hiking trails!
• Keep your dog on a lead throughout the Nature Reserve! Unleashed dogs can cause major harm to a flock.
• The flocks also cross the marked hiking trails. Please keep your distance and wait until all animals have crossed the path.
• Please don’t approach or lure the sheepdogs. In general these dogs are the shepherd’s good-natured assistants but they will protect their flock against any intruder, no matter whether human or animal.
• The shepherd is always happy to answer your questions as long as you kindly bear in mind that he has to move on.
• 'Heidschnucken’ are very shy animals and don’t want to be stroked. When approached by strangers they will flee and will need a long time before they continue grazing.
You can meet the shepherd and his flock by appointment.
Stiftung Naturschutzpark Lüneburger Heide
Phone +49 5198 987030